Honestly, a couple a years ago my dream was to open a gourmet oatmeal food truck! Lol funny right? But that just goes to show you how dedicated I was and that oats was life. Oatmeal is such an easy meal, it should be in everyone's go to breakfast recipes. I know a lot of people think oatmeal can be boring but you just have to know how to spruce it up! Oatmeal basically has no flavor so that's where all your creativity can come in! You can add sweet and savory elements to step up your oats game!
My go to recipe for oatmeal is extremely simple and full proof. Anyone can make it and it'll be good every time.
-1/2-1 cup quick oats
-1 tbsp of earth balance buttery spread
-2 packs or (tbsp) of sugar in the raw cane sugar
-1-2 cups of boiled water
-1 tbsp of dairy free chocolate chips
-1/2 cup of fresh strawberries
-1/2 banana chopped
-1 tbsp vanilla almond butter
-dash of cinnamon
5 minutes prep time | 2-3 minutes cook time | total time 8 minutes
1. Boil your water
2. While you're waiting prep the rest of your items.
3. Measure your oats and put them in your bowl
4. Cut your strawberries, either in half or quarters
5. Measure your chocolate chips, butter, almond butter, and sugar
6. At this point your water should be boiled and ready for the oats
7. Pour your water into the bowl with your oats
8. While the water is cooking the oatmeal stir it a couple of times so it can cook through
9. Add your butter and sugar. If the oatmeal is too thick add more water
10. Once those ingredients are added you can top with the strawberries, chocolate chips, almond butter, banana, and cinnamon!
11. Devour your oatmeal!
Oatmeal is so versatile! Below I'll share some of my many oatmeal creations! Let me know how your oat adventure goes!